Location – Telecommute (Preferred BC, Canada or Atlanta, GA)
Start Date: June, 2013
Clevest, a leading provider of Field Force automation solutions, has an immediate need for a Senior Big Data Architect to join our new Analytics organization. The Senior Big Data Architect will report to the Sr. Director of Analytics in a hands-on role as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight, planning and creation of data models and database design and development. This individual will work directly with team leads to shape our leading SaaS platform and redefine its boundaries.
What you need for this position:
• Exhibit an in-depth knowledge about current and emerging big data technologies and harness hundreds of terabytes of data [and growing] including Hadoop/HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, and Couchbase.
• A strong engineering foundation, high energy, creativity are critical to successful performance in this role.
• Understand typical use cases and define reference designs that leverage technologies to deliver value to the customer.
• Identify the feature set required by the next generation products to optimally support all the major big data technologies.
The Senior Big Data Architect will work with large energy data sets to architect data persistence solutions and supporting technologies required for high performance real-time as well as data analytics solutions. This individual will design scalable, high performance architecture for big energy data in the cloud, as well as review and evaluate database performance, and monitor industry trends and directions.
• Define big data solutions that leverage value to the customer; understand customer use cases and workflows and translate them into engineering deliverables.
• Document use cases, solutions, and recommendations to customers.
• Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to collect and
process very large amounts of data (structured and unstructured),
including streaming real-time data.
• Drive high performance, scalable and cost-effective high data architecture and strategy for the company; define data architecture standards, policies
• Lead and actively contribute to key data architecture "heavy" projects
• Mentor, consult, collaborate, review and support Engineering teams
• Analyze and evaluate applicable emerging technologies for adoption
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with all Clevest data
Job Qualifications Required Qualifications:
• 10+ years IT/Software with 8+ years of Data / Information architecture hands on experience.
• Deep understanding of distributed data services strategy, master data management, and high performance large scale distributed architectures.
• Hands-on experience with big data frameworks such as Riak, MongoDB, Hadoop, MapReduce. Experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout). Experience with graph databases is a plus.
• Experience in building and managing Business Intelligence and analytic front ends like Datameer, Pentaho, GoodData . Hands on experience with database design data modeling, big data analytics, access architectures, data integration, data security.
• Experience with Cloud computing
• Excellent understanding of ETL in the context of big data and analytics
• A technology agnostic attitude
• Ability to engage business as well as technology subjects
• Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner,
lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus; Ability to communicate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues to technical and non-technical staff